Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Litchfield’s $5.1M town spending plan goes to voters
At Saturday’s town deliberative session, residents made no amendments to the proposed $5,130,166 budget for 2014. The proposal is about $155,000 more than the existing budget of $4,975,066.
“There are some increases, obviously,” he said of the suggested budget, which would result in a tax rate of $3.58 per $1,000 of assessed valuation for the town portion of the tax rate.
The town was faced with about $90,000 in increases for the upcoming budget, according to Brunelle, explaining insurance and benefit costs are on the rise, as well as increases from Pennichuck Water Co.
Also included in the proposed budget is the purchase of two new police cruisers, in addition to lease payments for two other police cruisers purchased last year.
Although the town budget is being recommended by the Board of Selectmen and the Litchfield Budget Committee, there were three members of the budget panel opposed to the spending plan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 26
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'