Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem high school project is district's hottest topic
The deliberative session begins at 7 p.m. in the Seifert Auditorium at Salem High School.
The proposed operating budget for the 2014-15 school year is $59,427,290.
The five union contracts under consideration include a two-year contract for the teachers' union that sees no increase in salary for the first year and a 1 percent increase in the second year.
The big item on the warrant looks to be the proposed high school renovation project.
The school district is asking voters to bond just under $75 million for an extensive renovation project to Salem High School.
About $11 million for the renovation of the high school's Career and Technical Education Center will be paid for with state funds. The remainder of the project will be funded through a series of bonds.
At the height of the bond issues, there will be a little over a $300 per year on the average homeowners property tax rate, according to Superintendent Michael Delahanty.
Any citizens with questions about the deliberative session are encouraged to call the superintendent's office at 893-7040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 2
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain