Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem high school project is district's hottest topic
The deliberative session begins at 7 p.m. in the Seifert Auditorium at Salem High School.
The proposed operating budget for the 2014-15 school year is $59,427,290.
The five union contracts under consideration include a two-year contract for the teachers' union that sees no increase in salary for the first year and a 1 percent increase in the second year.
The big item on the warrant looks to be the proposed high school renovation project.
The school district is asking voters to bond just under $75 million for an extensive renovation project to Salem High School.
About $11 million for the renovation of the high school's Career and Technical Education Center will be paid for with state funds. The remainder of the project will be funded through a series of bonds.
At the height of the bond issues, there will be a little over a $300 per year on the average homeowners property tax rate, according to Superintendent Michael Delahanty.
Any citizens with questions about the deliberative session are encouraged to call the superintendent's office at 893-7040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 11
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out