Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem high school project is district's hottest topic
The deliberative session begins at 7 p.m. in the Seifert Auditorium at Salem High School.
The proposed operating budget for the 2014-15 school year is $59,427,290.
The five union contracts under consideration include a two-year contract for the teachers' union that sees no increase in salary for the first year and a 1 percent increase in the second year.
The big item on the warrant looks to be the proposed high school renovation project.
The school district is asking voters to bond just under $75 million for an extensive renovation project to Salem High School.
About $11 million for the renovation of the high school's Career and Technical Education Center will be paid for with state funds. The remainder of the project will be funded through a series of bonds.
At the height of the bond issues, there will be a little over a $300 per year on the average homeowners property tax rate, according to Superintendent Michael Delahanty.
Any citizens with questions about the deliberative session are encouraged to call the superintendent's office at 893-7040.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'