Former Manchester superintendent Brennan diagnosed with cancer
The former school chief "is fighting for his life," said Girard, whose radio show hosted Brennan weekly.
He said Brennan, who is in his mid-60s, is being treated on an outpatient basis.
According to one school employee, people have been contacting the superintendent's office looking to mail cards to Brennan's home.
The Manchester school board selected Brennan for the superintendent post in March 2008, and he started that July. Four years later, Brennan announced his resignation plans and finished his tenure in June 2013.
In an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader days before he left, Brennan cited extended learning programs as one of the district's most significant successes under his tenure and a reflection of his educational philosophy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America