Former Manchester superintendent Brennan diagnosed with cancer
The former school chief "is fighting for his life," said Girard, whose radio show hosted Brennan weekly.
He said Brennan, who is in his mid-60s, is being treated on an outpatient basis.
According to one school employee, people have been contacting the superintendent's office looking to mail cards to Brennan's home.
The Manchester school board selected Brennan for the superintendent post in March 2008, and he started that July. Four years later, Brennan announced his resignation plans and finished his tenure in June 2013.
In an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader days before he left, Brennan cited extended learning programs as one of the district's most significant successes under his tenure and a reflection of his educational philosophy.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
- The distractions: Turning you from Obamacare - 28
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
- 9th-inning error sends Red Sox to third straight loss - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'