Former Manchester superintendent Brennan diagnosed with cancer
The former school chief "is fighting for his life," said Girard, whose radio show hosted Brennan weekly.
He said Brennan, who is in his mid-60s, is being treated on an outpatient basis.
According to one school employee, people have been contacting the superintendent's office looking to mail cards to Brennan's home.
The Manchester school board selected Brennan for the superintendent post in March 2008, and he started that July. Four years later, Brennan announced his resignation plans and finished his tenure in June 2013.
In an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader days before he left, Brennan cited extended learning programs as one of the district's most significant successes under his tenure and a reflection of his educational philosophy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return