Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Derry man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing flag box from transfer station
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, entered the plea to the misdemeanor theft charge during his arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, police said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The steel box is large, about 4 feet tall and weighs from 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Town officials first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter hadn’t inadvertently removed the box.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it’s returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917