Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters knock down blaze at Fremont Pizzeria
Smoke could be seen coming through a wall and ceiling area at the front of the restaurant at 431 Main St. just after 9 a.m.
The fire was spotted by cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant at the time and smelled smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning carpets along with two other workers.
“All of a sudden they went to use their machine and it didn’t work and they thought maybe there was a fuse that blew. But then all of a sudden we could see and smell smoke up in the ceiling so we called right away,” she said.
The fire was contained to the front dining area and was knocked down quickly. The dining area sustained some interior and exterior damage.
The restaurant, which is located across from the Ellis School, was closed at the time.
Schwarzer said she was glad they were there and noticed the fire when they did.
"If it had been at night I don't know what would have happened," she said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Main Street in the area of the fire scene has been shut down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released