Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters knock down blaze at Fremont Pizzeria
Smoke could be seen coming through a wall and ceiling area at the front of the restaurant at 431 Main St. just after 9 a.m.
The fire was spotted by cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant at the time and smelled smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning carpets along with two other workers.
“All of a sudden they went to use their machine and it didn’t work and they thought maybe there was a fuse that blew. But then all of a sudden we could see and smell smoke up in the ceiling so we called right away,” she said.
The fire was contained to the front dining area and was knocked down quickly. The dining area sustained some interior and exterior damage.
The restaurant, which is located across from the Ellis School, was closed at the time.
Schwarzer said she was glad they were there and noticed the fire when they did.
"If it had been at night I don't know what would have happened," she said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Main Street in the area of the fire scene has been shut down.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire