Home » News » Public Safety
Playtex recalls pacifier clips
That New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said the clips, which attach a pacifier to items such as clothing, diaper bags and strollers, can crack and break off a small part, posing a choking hazard to small children.
The product is a plastic clip with a figure and a Playtex copyright logo that slides up and down to adjust the clip, a ribbon and a clear plastic ring that stretches to fit the pacifier.
It came in three different colors and designs: green with a monkey, pink with a flower, and blue with a tow truck. They were sold at major retailers from July 2010 through October 2013.
Consumers should immediately take the pacifier holders away from infants and contact Playtex toll-free at 888-220-2075 or online at www.playtexproducts.com for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund.
"Choking can be very dangerous to an infant or young child and can even lead to death," said DHHS Public Health Director Dr. José Montero. "It is very important for parents and other caregivers to keep up to date with product recalls, particularly ones that involve nursery products. It can be as easy as putting an app on your cell phone in order to receive recall information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH