Home » News » Public Safety
Playtex recalls pacifier clips
That New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said the clips, which attach a pacifier to items such as clothing, diaper bags and strollers, can crack and break off a small part, posing a choking hazard to small children.
The product is a plastic clip with a figure and a Playtex copyright logo that slides up and down to adjust the clip, a ribbon and a clear plastic ring that stretches to fit the pacifier.
It came in three different colors and designs: green with a monkey, pink with a flower, and blue with a tow truck. They were sold at major retailers from July 2010 through October 2013.
Consumers should immediately take the pacifier holders away from infants and contact Playtex toll-free at 888-220-2075 or online at www.playtexproducts.com for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund.
"Choking can be very dangerous to an infant or young child and can even lead to death," said DHHS Public Health Director Dr. José Montero. "It is very important for parents and other caregivers to keep up to date with product recalls, particularly ones that involve nursery products. It can be as easy as putting an app on your cell phone in order to receive recall information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 2
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll