Home » News » Public Safety
Playtex recalls pacifier clips
That New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said the clips, which attach a pacifier to items such as clothing, diaper bags and strollers, can crack and break off a small part, posing a choking hazard to small children.
The product is a plastic clip with a figure and a Playtex copyright logo that slides up and down to adjust the clip, a ribbon and a clear plastic ring that stretches to fit the pacifier.
It came in three different colors and designs: green with a monkey, pink with a flower, and blue with a tow truck. They were sold at major retailers from July 2010 through October 2013.
Consumers should immediately take the pacifier holders away from infants and contact Playtex toll-free at 888-220-2075 or online at www.playtexproducts.com for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund.
"Choking can be very dangerous to an infant or young child and can even lead to death," said DHHS Public Health Director Dr. José Montero. "It is very important for parents and other caregivers to keep up to date with product recalls, particularly ones that involve nursery products. It can be as easy as putting an app on your cell phone in order to receive recall information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare