Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont pizzeria is damaged by fire
Firefighters take a look at the damage caused by a small fire that broke out Thursday morning inside Fremont Pizzeria (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
“We dodged a bullet,” said the longtime local restaurateur who spent Thursday scrambling to get his popular pizza place reopened after fire damaged the front of the building.
Fire Chief Richard Butler said an electrical problem in the front wall likely sparked the fire, which caused minor to moderate damage.
Cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant reported the fire after smelling smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning along with two others who were cleaning carpets.
Fremont firefighters were assisted at the scene by fire crews from Brentwood, Exeter, and Raymond while Kingston firefighters covered the Fremont station.
Kakouris said he plans to reopen the restaurant Friday, but the lower dining area at the front will likely remain closed for about a week so repairs can be made.
Kakouris was relieved that the fire broke out at a time when the cleaners were around.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire