Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont pizzeria is damaged by fire
Firefighters take a look at the damage caused by a small fire that broke out Thursday morning inside Fremont Pizzeria (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
“We dodged a bullet,” said the longtime local restaurateur who spent Thursday scrambling to get his popular pizza place reopened after fire damaged the front of the building.
Fire Chief Richard Butler said an electrical problem in the front wall likely sparked the fire, which caused minor to moderate damage.
Cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant reported the fire after smelling smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning along with two others who were cleaning carpets.
Fremont firefighters were assisted at the scene by fire crews from Brentwood, Exeter, and Raymond while Kingston firefighters covered the Fremont station.
Kakouris said he plans to reopen the restaurant Friday, but the lower dining area at the front will likely remain closed for about a week so repairs can be made.
Kakouris was relieved that the fire broke out at a time when the cleaners were around.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
Sox rally in ninth to win
Court rules couple can sue Bob's Discount Furniture over automated calls regarding delivery
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start