Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Educational support professionals contract, $8m budget to go before Candia residents
The budget warrant article asking for $7,992,020 would have an estimated tax impact of 80 cents per $1,000 of assessed property valuation. If the budget is defeated in March, the default budget of $7,975,592 would kick in.
The school district also has included a warrant article asking residents if they want to explore and research options for high school placement other than Manchester Central High School. This article is nonbinding, however.
"There is no tax impact because the $30,000 is coming from the fund balance, which is left over money from the current school year," said Karen Lessard, SAU 15 business administrator. Voters will be asked if they want to discontinue a Textbook Expendable Trust Fund that was created in 2011, but now has no money in it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua's Harbor Homes grows, changes - 0
- Colebrook and Berlin to get VA clinics - 0
- Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers - 0
- Salem couple's effort to honor Doolittle Tokyo Raiders is gaining momentum - 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'