Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Educational support professionals contract, $8m budget to go before Candia residents
The budget warrant article asking for $7,992,020 would have an estimated tax impact of 80 cents per $1,000 of assessed property valuation. If the budget is defeated in March, the default budget of $7,975,592 would kick in.
The school district also has included a warrant article asking residents if they want to explore and research options for high school placement other than Manchester Central High School. This article is nonbinding, however.
"There is no tax impact because the $30,000 is coming from the fund balance, which is left over money from the current school year," said Karen Lessard, SAU 15 business administrator. Voters will be asked if they want to discontinue a Textbook Expendable Trust Fund that was created in 2011, but now has no money in it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua board agrees on school district sexual harassment policies - 0
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 1
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 2
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 44
- At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool career - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy