Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Restraining order was denied days before Nashua kidnapping
That petition was denied the same day and the case was dismissed by Judge Lucinda Sadler, who stated in her ruling that the request "does not rise to level required by statute as to imminent threat," according to court documents.
Solano said that earlier this month, Osherov called her about 120 times in a three-day period and sent more than 70 texts, according to the court petition. Osherov is the father of Solano's 15-month-old son. She was granted emergency custody of the baby last October after Osherov allegedly took the child without Solano's permission.
On Friday, Osherov was allegedly stalking Solano when he parked his vehicle outside of her residence and later showed up at the baby's day care center in Derry, Solano said.
Fearing that Osherov might hurt her, Solano had a day care worker approach Osherov in the parking lot and ask him to leave, she said.
Solano said she contacted the Derry Police Department about the situation, telling them she feared that Solano might shoot her. The police, according to Solano, referred her to the Derry courthouse, where Solano attempted to seek a restraining order later that afternoon.
"I knew kids would be getting out of class and I didn't want him to hurt anyone else," she said. After forcing Solano into a car, Osherov allegedly duct taped her hands together and made her overdraw her bank account by $200 at a Bedford cash machine.
"He told me not to do anything suspicious or he would kill everyone," said Solano.
They eventually ended up at Motel 6 on Progress Avenue in Nashua, where the couple checked into a room.
"I tried to eye down the guy at the desk, but he just didn't see it, obviously," she said. "I knew that it wasn't going to be good at that point. He tied my hands and legs together with phone cords and duct tape, and he told me that he wanted me to watch him die. He wanted me to suffer by seeing him kill himself."
Police allege that Osherov sexually assaulted Solano during a lengthy standoff that lasted from about 10 p.m. on Monday to 7 a.m. on Tuesday, when he surrendered.
Capt. Vernon Thomas of the Derry Police Department said Wednesday that he could not immediately locate any communication records his department may have had with Solano last week.
Speaking in general terms, he said that if an individual contacts Derry police and claims they feel uncomfortable or threatened by another person, they are immediately referred to the court system if a crime has not occurred. Thomas said officers will highly recommend that a restraining order is sought at the courthouse.
Still, Thomas stressed that there has to be a substantial threat mentioned — in most cases — for a restraining order to be granted.
"I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else," she said. "But I am not going to let him ruin my future."
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917