Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
2 men accused of stealing from Manchester Gold’s Gym customers arraigned
Doneil Sackey, 31, of 4 Bethel Court, could not enter a plea in circuit court to a felony charge of falsifying evidence, which alleges he discarded a coat after leaving Gold’s Gym in an effort to avoid being recognized as one of the people stealing items from the gym’s locker room.
Douglas Pretti, 29, of 434 Amherst St., pleaded not guilty to charges of theft by unauthorized taking, for allegedly removing a wallet from a man’s backpack at Gold’s Gym, and resisting arrest, for running from police. Pretti had failed to appear in Circuit Court on Tuesday on a charge of operating after suspension for driving while intoxicated, so all his charges were set for trial March 7.
Bail remained at $1,000 personal recognizance on Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Ryan Gallant, 27, of 60 Walnut St., who pleaded not guilty to three simple assault charges.
Bail conditions bar Gallant from contact with his girlfriend and from her residence. Trial was set for March 17.
Charles Morgan, 42, of 410 Bedford St., protested Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division that felony assault charges weren’t mentioned during a meeting at the police department earlier in the morning.
The felonies allege he tried to spray the man with an aerosol bug spray and that he swung a claw hammer and a crowbar at the man’s head, although he missed hitting the man.
A police prosecutor, who said Morgan’s criminal record consists of a conviction for driving while intoxicated, requested a $10,000 cash/surety bail, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim and barring Morgan from Morgan Storage.
Stolen checks worth $30k
Joshua Caswell, 22, of 232 Central St., could not enter a plea Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of receiving stolen property.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Feb. 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 2
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief