Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Cell phone was key piece of evidence against convicted Hampton drug dealer
Reader is facing charges in U.S. District Court for allegedly carrying out three bank robberies in Hampton and Seabrook along with her boyfriend, Jason Pratt.
Hampton police got their break with Sheppard while investigating Reader and Pratt, who were suspected of dealing drugs at the time, according to the warrant.
Reader’s mother contacted police and handed over her daughter’s cell phone, saying she believed it “would contain evidence of the sale of controlled drugs in Hampton,” the warrant says.
One message dated March 26 from Reader to Sheppard says, “Hey, I just got a call from a guy who wants a lot. I’ve been trying to get his business for a long time. Can you help me? I know it’s late but worth it.”On April 1, another text from Reader to Sheppard said, “Hey Cindy, do you have any benzos. Also he is gonna be here in a few mins (sic) so I’ll be over then… oh and one more thing, that bag you have jay was small.” By the end of May, Hampton police also observed two other people with criminal records for drug use around or near Sheppard’s apartment. They also learned from a Salem police detective that Sheppard had agreed to sell a drug to a confidential informant back in February, but the deal never materialized, court records say.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
- KSC student facing charges related to riot - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483