$100,000 spent, East Kingston waits for results of AG probe into police department
Jarred Brisbois allegedly broke into the evidence room and stole heroin, broke into an officer's locker, and drove a police cruiser while he was unsupervised on May 11, 2013.
The Attorney General's Office is conducting a criminal probe to determine whether any members of the police department could be held criminally liable after an inmate trusty from the county jail left alone for several hours allegedly broke into the evidence room while working at the police department.
Assistant Attorney General James Vara said Wednesday he can understand town officials' frustration, but would not say when the investigation might conclude.
After Simpson and Iannuccillo were put on leave, selectmen hired Municipal Resources Inc. to manage the police department and conduct an internal investigation. MRI was asked to look into the trusty incident and review the management of the department. Its report was recently submitted to selectmen.
"I understand they're busy, but on the other hand it's a burden to the town. It's a cost to the town, not only in money but we're without personnel. It's a stressful time," Cook said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- A faithful restoration of a Manchester cathedral - 4
- Calender of religious events in the state - 0
- South African chorus at Portsmouth church - 0
- Collection this weekend to help religious communities address a retirement shortfall - 0
- Interfaith Women of NH at Temple Adath Yeshurun - 0
- Candlelight Advent concert Tuesday night at Saint Raphael Church in Manchester - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Pope to visit U.S. next year - 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads