$100,000 spent, East Kingston waits for results of AG probe into police department
Jarred Brisbois allegedly broke into the evidence room and stole heroin, broke into an officer's locker, and drove a police cruiser while he was unsupervised on May 11, 2013.
The Attorney General's Office is conducting a criminal probe to determine whether any members of the police department could be held criminally liable after an inmate trusty from the county jail left alone for several hours allegedly broke into the evidence room while working at the police department.
Assistant Attorney General James Vara said Wednesday he can understand town officials' frustration, but would not say when the investigation might conclude.
After Simpson and Iannuccillo were put on leave, selectmen hired Municipal Resources Inc. to manage the police department and conduct an internal investigation. MRI was asked to look into the trusty incident and review the management of the department. Its report was recently submitted to selectmen.
"I understand they're busy, but on the other hand it's a burden to the town. It's a cost to the town, not only in money but we're without personnel. It's a stressful time," Cook said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms