Friends setting up Monahon preservation fund in Peterborough
Rick Monahon, 69, and his wife, Duffy Monahon, 71, died in a car crash a year ago this month.
The Rick and Duffy Monahon Fund would provide seed money for community historic preservation projects.
The group of about a dozen friends, colleagues and clients believe that these modest contributions are a way to honor the Monahons, Scully said.
The fund is to be managed by the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation as part of the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance and aims to provide a lasting recognition of the Monahons, celebrate their impact on New Hampshire’s people and communities through their architecture and preservation and planning efforts as well as to inspire the Monahons’ strong sense of stewardship in others.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.