Home » News » Public Safety
Driver flees after running truck off I-93 in Manchester
Police are looking for a driver who drove a pickup truck off Interstate 93 south in Manchester and then took off, leaving state troopers with a trail of footprints that disappeared in the highway's high speed lane.
State police said the crash happened just before 7 p.m. Saturday night. The truck crashed through the center median guard rail and ran off the road, ending up in a small creek about 75 feet off the highway.
When state police arrived, they found the truck, but there was no driver with it. A single set of footprints led away from the scene. Troopers followed tracks, but they disappeared in the breakdown lane adjacent to the median strip.
The accident forced traffic to use just one lane of the highway while the guardrail was replaced. Police are seeking the person who was driving the 2004 gray Chevrolet Colorado pickup with Massachusetts plates. Anyone who has information about the crash is asked to call State Police in Bedford at 603-223-4381
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'