Home » News » Public Safety
Driver flees after running truck off I-93 in Manchester
Police are looking for a driver who drove a pickup truck off Interstate 93 south in Manchester and then took off, leaving state troopers with a trail of footprints that disappeared in the highway's high speed lane.
State police said the crash happened just before 7 p.m. Saturday night. The truck crashed through the center median guard rail and ran off the road, ending up in a small creek about 75 feet off the highway.
When state police arrived, they found the truck, but there was no driver with it. A single set of footprints led away from the scene. Troopers followed tracks, but they disappeared in the breakdown lane adjacent to the median strip.
The accident forced traffic to use just one lane of the highway while the guardrail was replaced. Police are seeking the person who was driving the 2004 gray Chevrolet Colorado pickup with Massachusetts plates. Anyone who has information about the crash is asked to call State Police in Bedford at 603-223-4381
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate