Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Rochester police allegedly find shotgun and marijuana growing in local home this week
ROCHESTER – After receiving a tip, police arrested a Lafayette Street man Thursday afternoon for allegedly growing marijuana.
Devon Smith, 22, of 7A Lafayette St., was charged with felony manufacture of a controlled drug and misdemeanor possession of property without a serial number.
Acting on the tip, which came from an undisclosed source, police performed a “knock and talk” at 3 p.m. and later obtained a search warrant.
As a result, “multiple marijuana plants and growing paraphernalia were seized” along with a “sawed off shot gun with the serial numbers obliterated,” according to police.
While Sgt. Anthony Deluca couldn't provide many details, he said police allegedly found marijuana plants growing in the home. He added “more charges are expected.”
Following his arrest, Smith refused bail. At his arraignment Saturday morning, bail was set at $10,000 cash. He continues to be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover.
Possession of property without a serial number is a Class A misdemeanor, which could result in up to a year in jail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua