Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Rochester police allegedly find shotgun and marijuana growing in local home this week
ROCHESTER – After receiving a tip, police arrested a Lafayette Street man Thursday afternoon for allegedly growing marijuana.
Devon Smith, 22, of 7A Lafayette St., was charged with felony manufacture of a controlled drug and misdemeanor possession of property without a serial number.
Acting on the tip, which came from an undisclosed source, police performed a “knock and talk” at 3 p.m. and later obtained a search warrant.
As a result, “multiple marijuana plants and growing paraphernalia were seized” along with a “sawed off shot gun with the serial numbers obliterated,” according to police.
While Sgt. Anthony Deluca couldn't provide many details, he said police allegedly found marijuana plants growing in the home. He added “more charges are expected.”
Following his arrest, Smith refused bail. At his arraignment Saturday morning, bail was set at $10,000 cash. He continues to be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover.
Possession of property without a serial number is a Class A misdemeanor, which could result in up to a year in jail.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917