Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Rochester police allegedly find shotgun and marijuana growing in local home this week
ROCHESTER – After receiving a tip, police arrested a Lafayette Street man Thursday afternoon for allegedly growing marijuana.
Devon Smith, 22, of 7A Lafayette St., was charged with felony manufacture of a controlled drug and misdemeanor possession of property without a serial number.
Acting on the tip, which came from an undisclosed source, police performed a “knock and talk” at 3 p.m. and later obtained a search warrant.
As a result, “multiple marijuana plants and growing paraphernalia were seized” along with a “sawed off shot gun with the serial numbers obliterated,” according to police.
While Sgt. Anthony Deluca couldn't provide many details, he said police allegedly found marijuana plants growing in the home. He added “more charges are expected.”
Following his arrest, Smith refused bail. At his arraignment Saturday morning, bail was set at $10,000 cash. He continues to be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover.
Possession of property without a serial number is a Class A misdemeanor, which could result in up to a year in jail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483