Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Rochester police allegedly find shotgun and marijuana growing in local home this week
ROCHESTER – After receiving a tip, police arrested a Lafayette Street man Thursday afternoon for allegedly growing marijuana.
Devon Smith, 22, of 7A Lafayette St., was charged with felony manufacture of a controlled drug and misdemeanor possession of property without a serial number.
Acting on the tip, which came from an undisclosed source, police performed a “knock and talk” at 3 p.m. and later obtained a search warrant.
As a result, “multiple marijuana plants and growing paraphernalia were seized” along with a “sawed off shot gun with the serial numbers obliterated,” according to police.
While Sgt. Anthony Deluca couldn't provide many details, he said police allegedly found marijuana plants growing in the home. He added “more charges are expected.”
Following his arrest, Smith refused bail. At his arraignment Saturday morning, bail was set at $10,000 cash. He continues to be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover.
Possession of property without a serial number is a Class A misdemeanor, which could result in up to a year in jail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief