Home » News » Public Safety
Fire destroys mobile home, wooden rooster collection
LaBraney was at his trailer at 15 Hill Road on Wednesday with his girlfriend, sitting on the couch watching television.
"Then she smelled smoke," LaBraney said, declining to name his girlfriend.
"We pulled everything away from the walls, and we found the back of the couch was smoking, and there was an outlet looked like it was smoking," he said.
LaBraney called 911 and both fled the home, unhurt.
By the time the fire department arrived, the small, older-model trailer was a complete loss, said Fire Department Capt. Bruce Goldthwaite.
"We believe the fire was caused by an electrical problem, it is not suspicious," Goldthwaite said.
LaBraney said he and his girlfriend feel lucky to be alive, and are glad a relative is providing them with a temporary home.
But he is worried because he didn't have the trailer insured.
On Friday, he walked through the charred remains of the trailer. A flat-screen television was melted. The furniture was ruined, the windows broken, and the building reeked of ash and smoke.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, I had no insurance, and I lost everything here," he said.
Of prime concern seemed to be his girlfiend's woodeb rooster collection.
"She spent her whole life collecting those, and they're all trashed," he said, dropping a charred wooden rooster on the floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth