Home » News » Public Safety
Fire destroys mobile home, wooden rooster collection
LaBraney was at his trailer at 15 Hill Road on Wednesday with his girlfriend, sitting on the couch watching television.
"Then she smelled smoke," LaBraney said, declining to name his girlfriend.
"We pulled everything away from the walls, and we found the back of the couch was smoking, and there was an outlet looked like it was smoking," he said.
LaBraney called 911 and both fled the home, unhurt.
By the time the fire department arrived, the small, older-model trailer was a complete loss, said Fire Department Capt. Bruce Goldthwaite.
"We believe the fire was caused by an electrical problem, it is not suspicious," Goldthwaite said.
LaBraney said he and his girlfriend feel lucky to be alive, and are glad a relative is providing them with a temporary home.
But he is worried because he didn't have the trailer insured.
On Friday, he walked through the charred remains of the trailer. A flat-screen television was melted. The furniture was ruined, the windows broken, and the building reeked of ash and smoke.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, I had no insurance, and I lost everything here," he said.
Of prime concern seemed to be his girlfiend's woodeb rooster collection.
"She spent her whole life collecting those, and they're all trashed," he said, dropping a charred wooden rooster on the floor.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax