Report suggests new name, academic changes for UNH Manchester
For the consultant report► Click here to view the report.
"As an important step for its future, the College must select a name that will clearly identify its academic distinctiveness as opposed to its location," the report states.
It was released Thursday, the second day on the job for Michael Hickey, the former telephone company executive and newly named interim dean of the college. In an interview, Hickey said the report will serve as his job description for the next 18 months.
► Click here to view the report.
"That (College of Integrated Professional Studies) may not be the name. Form will follow substance," he said.
He also said the campus would not dislocate any associate degree student, although he noted the statewide plan calls for moving associate degree programs to the community college system.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: They fight to free pond for Manchester skaters - 1
- City Matters: Another storm, another chance to do your part for your city to do the right thing - 2
- City Matters: Manchester man wants apology from police - 2
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Crossing guards endure rush hour rudeness - 8
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Readers come through for frustrated Penguin Plunger - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Special Olympian says price to Plunge too high - 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester celebrates Martin Luther King legacy - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Innocence lost, justice delayed - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dig deep in NH history to find reason for slippery sidewalks - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stocks suffer worst day since early February - 0
- Amazon.com raises price of prime membership to $99 - 0
- Target declined to act on early alert of cyber breach - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC - 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 6
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run