Report suggests new name, academic changes for UNH Manchester
For the consultant report► Click here to view the report.
"As an important step for its future, the College must select a name that will clearly identify its academic distinctiveness as opposed to its location," the report states.
It was released Thursday, the second day on the job for Michael Hickey, the former telephone company executive and newly named interim dean of the college. In an interview, Hickey said the report will serve as his job description for the next 18 months.
► Click here to view the report.
"That (College of Integrated Professional Studies) may not be the name. Form will follow substance," he said.
He also said the campus would not dislocate any associate degree student, although he noted the statewide plan calls for moving associate degree programs to the community college system.
READER COMMENTS: 40
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 7
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 13
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 52
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 2
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood