Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Dover man charged with armed robbery at Somersworth gas station
Chad A. Needham, 25, of 6 Newton St. in Dover, was charged with armed robbery after he allegedly used a handgun to steal cigarettes and cash from the store at 55 Route 108 around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, after fleeing from the store on foot, he ran into the woods across the road. A K-9 team from the Strafford County Sheriff’s Department later led officers to the area near the Midway Buick parking lot, where they believe Neeham had a vehicle and drove off.
Police requested assistance from the public and notified other area departments, distributing a description of the man and a vehicle he may have used.
“The quick resolution to this crime was made possible by the responses from the public to the photos of the suspect published by local media,” police said in a release.
Neeham was arrested at his home, where police allegedly found evidence from the robbery, including an undisclosed about of cash and cigarettes.
Officers also found a black pellet pistol – which was identified as being used during the robbery - along the side of Route 108, according to police.
Following his arrest, Needham was held at Strafford County Jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. His is scheduled to be arraigned at the 7th Circuit Court - Dover Division Friday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School repairs, new town clerk follow Londonderry voting - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- House approves regulations on prepaid oil contracts - 0
- Gorham voters approve all articles on town warrant - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal