Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Dover man charged with armed robbery at Somersworth gas station
Chad A. Needham, 25, of 6 Newton St. in Dover, was charged with armed robbery after he allegedly used a handgun to steal cigarettes and cash from the store at 55 Route 108 around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, after fleeing from the store on foot, he ran into the woods across the road. A K-9 team from the Strafford County Sheriff’s Department later led officers to the area near the Midway Buick parking lot, where they believe Neeham had a vehicle and drove off.
Police requested assistance from the public and notified other area departments, distributing a description of the man and a vehicle he may have used.
“The quick resolution to this crime was made possible by the responses from the public to the photos of the suspect published by local media,” police said in a release.
Neeham was arrested at his home, where police allegedly found evidence from the robbery, including an undisclosed about of cash and cigarettes.
Officers also found a black pellet pistol – which was identified as being used during the robbery - along the side of Route 108, according to police.
Following his arrest, Needham was held at Strafford County Jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. His is scheduled to be arraigned at the 7th Circuit Court - Dover Division Friday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Somersworth police seek woman in store robbery - 0
- As protests persist, suspects sought in shootings of two Missouri officers - 0
- Seabrook police officer fights to keep records sealed in on-duty assault case - 14
- Seacoast SERT team takes man, 70, into custody following threat - 0
- After demanding cash, alleged female robber flees on foot in Somersworth - 0
- Tattooed man robs Hooksett gas station; Couple charged after crashing into Manchester store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
- Americans lose at golf, then bicker - 0
- Opinions differ on analysis of Brady - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917