Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Dover man charged with armed robbery at Somersworth gas station
Chad A. Needham, 25, of 6 Newton St. in Dover, was charged with armed robbery after he allegedly used a handgun to steal cigarettes and cash from the store at 55 Route 108 around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, after fleeing from the store on foot, he ran into the woods across the road. A K-9 team from the Strafford County Sheriff’s Department later led officers to the area near the Midway Buick parking lot, where they believe Neeham had a vehicle and drove off.
Police requested assistance from the public and notified other area departments, distributing a description of the man and a vehicle he may have used.
“The quick resolution to this crime was made possible by the responses from the public to the photos of the suspect published by local media,” police said in a release.
Neeham was arrested at his home, where police allegedly found evidence from the robbery, including an undisclosed about of cash and cigarettes.
Officers also found a black pellet pistol – which was identified as being used during the robbery - along the side of Route 108, according to police.
Following his arrest, Needham was held at Strafford County Jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. His is scheduled to be arraigned at the 7th Circuit Court - Dover Division Friday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917