Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Dover man charged with armed robbery at Somersworth gas station
Chad A. Needham, 25, of 6 Newton St. in Dover, was charged with armed robbery after he allegedly used a handgun to steal cigarettes and cash from the store at 55 Route 108 around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, after fleeing from the store on foot, he ran into the woods across the road. A K-9 team from the Strafford County Sheriff’s Department later led officers to the area near the Midway Buick parking lot, where they believe Neeham had a vehicle and drove off.
Police requested assistance from the public and notified other area departments, distributing a description of the man and a vehicle he may have used.
“The quick resolution to this crime was made possible by the responses from the public to the photos of the suspect published by local media,” police said in a release.
Neeham was arrested at his home, where police allegedly found evidence from the robbery, including an undisclosed about of cash and cigarettes.
Officers also found a black pellet pistol – which was identified as being used during the robbery - along the side of Route 108, according to police.
Following his arrest, Needham was held at Strafford County Jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. His is scheduled to be arraigned at the 7th Circuit Court - Dover Division Friday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917