Bedford VFW hosting Super Bowl breakfast
BEDFORD — Richard K. Harvell VFW Post 8401 is holding a breakfast on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2, from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Old Town Hall.
All proceeds go to fund the post’s annual George T. Wiggin and Margaret “Peggy” Rice scholarship program.
Meredith post event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25.
Enrollment Friday at Manchester VAMC
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will host an open house for new health care enrollment on Friday, Jan. 24, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the training and education conference room on the first floor.
Free blood pressure screenings will be offered and general health and wellness information will be available.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID. Contact Judy at 624-4366, ext. 2291.
MANCHESTER — Post 79 is holding cribbage games on Monday nights.
The start time is 6:30 p.m. and the cost is $5.
RAYMOND — The VFW Post 4479 will hold a potluck benefit for Herb Perron, a long-time member, at 6 p.m. on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
- 'Forgotten War' veterans thanked for in Concord service - 0
- Wakefield man serves aboard USS Constitution - 0
- Bikers to remember the fallen - 0
- Six Flags tickets free to veterans - 0
- Forever Young Chorus at baseball stadium - 0
- Granite State to host Korean War ceremony - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?