Bedford VFW hosting Super Bowl breakfast
BEDFORD — Richard K. Harvell VFW Post 8401 is holding a breakfast on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2, from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Old Town Hall.
All proceeds go to fund the post’s annual George T. Wiggin and Margaret “Peggy” Rice scholarship program.
Meredith post event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25.
Enrollment Friday at Manchester VAMC
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will host an open house for new health care enrollment on Friday, Jan. 24, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the training and education conference room on the first floor.
Free blood pressure screenings will be offered and general health and wellness information will be available.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID. Contact Judy at 624-4366, ext. 2291.
MANCHESTER — Post 79 is holding cribbage games on Monday nights.
The start time is 6:30 p.m. and the cost is $5.
RAYMOND — The VFW Post 4479 will hold a potluck benefit for Herb Perron, a long-time member, at 6 p.m. on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 0
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem