Pinkerton math team excels at numbers game
After winning the championship last year, the team is in first place with three straight victories in the Tri-State Math League, math teacher Ellen Berchtold said Tuesday.
"If we stay ahead, which I'm pretty sure we will, we'll win the league championship," Berchtold said.
Each competition is referred to as a meet, and the students travel to the high school that is hosting the event. There are five different categories of math problems, ranging from Algebra to Calculus, which the team members must try to solve. Berchtold is responsible for helping the team prepare for a meet.
"Primarily, they are very bright kids. They are hardworking, they take it seriously and they like to win," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somber ceremony marks Pearl Harbor anniversary - 0
- Pearl Harbor remains a vivid day of infamy - 1
- Lyndeborough's historic theater curtain may get new life with grant - 0
- Students tear down replica Berlin Wall to commemorate 25th anniversary - 0
- Germany celebrates 25th anniversary of fall of Berlin Wall - 0
- Lyndeborough Center receives historic markers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads