Pinkerton math team excels at numbers game
After winning the championship last year, the team is in first place with three straight victories in the Tri-State Math League, math teacher Ellen Berchtold said Tuesday.
"If we stay ahead, which I'm pretty sure we will, we'll win the league championship," Berchtold said.
Each competition is referred to as a meet, and the students travel to the high school that is hosting the event. There are five different categories of math problems, ranging from Algebra to Calculus, which the team members must try to solve. Berchtold is responsible for helping the team prepare for a meet.
"Primarily, they are very bright kids. They are hardworking, they take it seriously and they like to win," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers