Pinkerton math team excels at numbers game
After winning the championship last year, the team is in first place with three straight victories in the Tri-State Math League, math teacher Ellen Berchtold said Tuesday.
"If we stay ahead, which I'm pretty sure we will, we'll win the league championship," Berchtold said.
Each competition is referred to as a meet, and the students travel to the high school that is hosting the event. There are five different categories of math problems, ranging from Algebra to Calculus, which the team members must try to solve. Berchtold is responsible for helping the team prepare for a meet.
"Primarily, they are very bright kids. They are hardworking, they take it seriously and they like to win," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 5
- Another View -- Stephen L. Carter: Why is the left going after profit? - 8
- Clifford D. May: Pinpointing the cause and effect in Gaza - 2
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 2
- Pat Buchanan: We are transforming into the Brazil of North America - 2
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Before your dog takes a dip in fresh water, learn about toxic algae risks - 0
- Another View -- Yehuda Yaakov: What Israel is up against - 7
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Scaremongering is the left's hobby - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's