Local events are brewing up interest for Cycle the Seacoast
Cycle the Seacoast, which is scheduled for May 4, promotes and helps raise money for the American Lung Association.
Promotions are also set at the following locations: Milly's Tavern in Manchester on Jan. 30, Redhook Brewery in Portsmouth on Feb. 20, Martha's Exchange in Nashua on Feb. 27 and Thirsty Moose Taphouse in Portsmouth on March 5.
"It will also be a great opportunity for people to meet other cyclists, volunteers, and business partners of Cycle the Seacoast and the American Lung Association," according to Sean MacWilliam, who's organizing the cycling event.
"This is a fun, at-your-own-pace ride with fully-supported route options of 25, 50 and 100 miles with rest stops along the way. Many businesses and family and friends groups choose to form teams, which adds to the camaraderie and fun," MacWilliam said in the e-mail.
Registration — which is non-refundable and non-transferable — is $35. It does not count toward the fundraising minimum, which is $250 for adults and $125 for ages 7-17.
For more information, or to register as a volunteer or cyclist, click "Cycle the Seacoast" at biketreknewengland.org or go to facebook.com/portsmouthtrek.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.