Home » News » Public Safety
'Little old ladies' upset after cars towed from Burger King parking lot
Signs are posted at the Burger King parking lot on Hooksett Road in Manchester. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
About once a month, the 14 hire a limousine-van for a trip into Boston, where they visit the Museum of Fine Arts and hear the Boston Symphony. Goulet said she and her friends rendezvous at the Hooksett Road Burger King; some in the group have been doing so for at least two decades.
"Burger King should have put post-its under the windshield wipers (saying) don't do it again. They couldn't have been oblivious to the fact we've been doing this all these years," said Goulet, who is 78. "I think it was a dirty trick."
However, the towing company owner said Burger King started cracking down on the parking lot because of teenagers who drive recklessly through the lot and litter. Kris Hobbs of Bentley's Towing said the manager called him Friday and told him to tow cars that had been there all day.
"I felt horrible when they all showed up. They were sweet little old ladies," he said. He said he reduced the tow charges from $165 to $100.
"All of us together, we can joke or laugh. But any of us by ourselves, it would have been a disaster," she said.
She said everyone parks far away from the doors.
"We look like we're customers," Goulet said. "We thought we were doing Burger King a favor; their parking lot is never full."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance