Home » News » Public Safety
Seven overcome by carbon monoxide are in the clear
"We woke up with a minor headache," he said. "We all thought it was a cold and sat around the heater."
"I was just thinking I have to rescue everybody and my wife," he said.
Late Monday morning, all were back in Manchester, staying at their in laws' apartment. The adults were still feeling a little sluggish, but the children had more than enough energy for them all.
Landlord Demetrios Krideras lives on the first floor. He is from Greece and speaks no English, but Bidhan Kalikoty, who lives on the third floor of the building, said his elderly landlord was worried about his tenants.
Michael said the high levels of carbon monoxide were found only in the second floor apartment, indicating the problem was only with that one gas parlor heater.
He said the apartment recently was renovated and that his family had just moved back in, after staying in the third floor apartment.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire