Home » News » Public Safety
Seven overcome by carbon monoxide are in the clear
"We woke up with a minor headache," he said. "We all thought it was a cold and sat around the heater."
"I was just thinking I have to rescue everybody and my wife," he said.
Late Monday morning, all were back in Manchester, staying at their in laws' apartment. The adults were still feeling a little sluggish, but the children had more than enough energy for them all.
Landlord Demetrios Krideras lives on the first floor. He is from Greece and speaks no English, but Bidhan Kalikoty, who lives on the third floor of the building, said his elderly landlord was worried about his tenants.
Michael said the high levels of carbon monoxide were found only in the second floor apartment, indicating the problem was only with that one gas parlor heater.
He said the apartment recently was renovated and that his family had just moved back in, after staying in the third floor apartment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health