Home » News » Public Safety
Vt. man dies in logging truck accident
Driver Mike Doucette, 24, of Milan was stopped on the road to put chains on the tractors' tires for a two mile trip further into the woods.
The truck, which is owned by Kelley Trucking of Milan, was delivering a piece of logging equipment.
A second worker, Brian Young, 42, of Concord, Vt., was helping Doucette put the chains on the tires. Doucette, believing Young was clear of the truck, began to drive forward.
When he did, he struck Young who suffered serious injuries and died at the scene, according to state police.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were nearby on snowmobile and were the first officers on the scene. EMTs from Errol ambulance also responded to provide medical assistance.
The accident occurred about 1/10 of a mile west of the intersection of Route 16, just north of the Errol town line with Cambridge.
The investigation is continuing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Troopers with New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Troop G are conducting the investigation.
An official from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax