Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized after rollover crash with ejection on I-93 in Londonderry
LONDONDERRY — Two people were hospitalized Monday night after a high-speed rollover crash with ejection on Interstate 93, Londonderry fire officials said.
Both occupants of the Honda del Sol were ejected in the crash, with one of the occupants found lying in the middle of the highway between the two lanes, said Londonderry Fire Chief Darren O’Brien.
They were both taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Their names and conditions were not available.
The rollover crash was reported at 9:35 p.m. Three pieces of apparatus — an engine, an ambulance and rescue vehicle — responded to the scene. Because of the reported severity of the crash, a full staffing of 10 fire personnel was sent to the scene, O’Brien said.
Upon arrival, a person was found lining in the middle of the highway and the car was in the median.
The ambulance was sent for one of the victims, and the two other vehicles responded to mitigate any fires or hazards from leaking fluids, O’Brien said. A second mutual aid ambulance was brought in, and both occupants were transported to the Elliot, O’Brien said.
The New Hampshire State Police were on the scene and are investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill