Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized after rollover crash with ejection on I-93 in Londonderry
LONDONDERRY — Two people were hospitalized Monday night after a high-speed rollover crash with ejection on Interstate 93, Londonderry fire officials said.
Both occupants of the Honda del Sol were ejected in the crash, with one of the occupants found lying in the middle of the highway between the two lanes, said Londonderry Fire Chief Darren O’Brien.
They were both taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Their names and conditions were not available.
The rollover crash was reported at 9:35 p.m. Three pieces of apparatus — an engine, an ambulance and rescue vehicle — responded to the scene. Because of the reported severity of the crash, a full staffing of 10 fire personnel was sent to the scene, O’Brien said.
Upon arrival, a person was found lining in the middle of the highway and the car was in the median.
The ambulance was sent for one of the victims, and the two other vehicles responded to mitigate any fires or hazards from leaking fluids, O’Brien said. A second mutual aid ambulance was brought in, and both occupants were transported to the Elliot, O’Brien said.
The New Hampshire State Police were on the scene and are investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving