Dublin School celebrates King with special visitors
The Trey Whitfield School Choir performs at Dublin School Monday as part of both school's Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrations. (MEGHAN PIERCE)
Dublin School is one of four New England schools upper classmen of the Trey Whitfield School students visited Monday.
Sitting in the audience at Dublin School Monday were Trey Whitfield alum and former choir members Tymira Holman, 16, of Queens, and Shaneil Wynter, 14, of Brooklyn.
Holman, a junior, said that although she had visited Dublin School several times, deciding to attend the boarding school was a huge leap. She thought she would be overwhelmed with homesickness, but soon felt the family atmosphere and love teachers and staff create at the school, she said.
Included in the tour of schools is Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, which the Trey Whitfield School's namesake attended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 8
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 13
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain