Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Alleged Hampton drug dealer indicted on more charges linked to crash that killed two
Cindy Sheppard, was indicted on new drug charges linked to the Sept. 21 crash that killed two cyclists near Hampton Beach. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
BRENTWOOD — A Hampton woman is facing more drug charges for allegedly supplying a 19-year-old Seabrook driver with fentanyl before she struck two bicyclists who died in September, prosecutors said.
Cindy Sheppard, 48, was indicted on a new round of enhanced drug charges for allegedly supplying Darriean Hess with a dose of the pain-killing drug before she veered a 2002 Honda into a group of bicyclists on Sept. 21 along Route 1A.
The new indictments were returned by a grand jury in Rockingham County Superior Court.
She faces three counts of possession of a controlled drug while on release, and single counts of dispensing a controlled drug while on release and allowing an improper person to operate a motor vehicle.
The two women were riding their bikes in the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride.
Sheppard's latest charges comes as she awaits a decision by a judge about whether evidence in her first case will be heard by a jury.
He said there was no connection between his client, and a woman known as "Cinderella" who was identified in some of the conversations as a drug dealer.
Hampton police found Sheppard had 7.3 grams of heroin in her home, along with four ounces of cocaine and small quantities of crack cocaine, oxycodone, diazepam, methylone and marijuana, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483