Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
'Lowdown' thieves stealing woodpiles
Police Chief Mike McGillen said a half-cord is believed to have been taken from a residence on Old Deerfield Road Jan. 5. The theft of a quarter-cord from a Raymond Road residence likely happened Jan. 7.
The chief said one neighbor on Old Deerfield Road reported seeing a gray pickup truck driven by a white man of medium build.
"People in this town are great; they would all be willing to lend a hand," McGillen said.
Selectmen Chairman Frederick Kelley said it seems likely the thief is selling the wood.
"If anyone is stealing wood, that is pretty lowdown; people have got to heat their homes, and the way the economy is today, it's tough," Kelley said. "Wood is very important. Lots of people here heat with wood; it's very important,"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus